Veranstalter: SIBB e. V. | Berlin Business Office New York
The current COVID-19 pandemic represents a “whiteboard” occasion to promote the implementation of the best technology and infrastructure for modern cities including the smart mobility. Transatlantic cities, due to their size and congestion, are particularly considered as incubators for new technologies. According to the recent report of National League of Cities (NLC), smart cities growth in the USA keeps an upward trend, with over 66% of cities already actively investing in digital solutions fostering smart cities development. These solutions are crucial to creating more livable future and building resilience against pandemics, epidemics, climate change, pollution, and other serious problems. There is no doubt that the Technology will play a vital role in post COVID19 recovery for instance in gaining passengers’ trust in public transport and coordinating their movement whilst caring for their safety and wellbeing.
Do you want to learn more about the business opportunities within the German-American smart cities sector, make relevant business contacts and create international partnerships?
If so, join this interactive panel discussion followed by the virtual business networking. International guests from Georgia, Detroit, Washington D.C. /Fairfax County, Florida and New York City will discuss the current situation on the transatlantic market and focus on the following questions:
- How are the American cities rethinking their strategies for the future? Which new business opportunities will be created?
- What are the challenges for cities in the “post-corona” era? How can they be tackled by the digital solutions?
- How could the current pandemic affect the smart mobility market in the US?
- How to think about Go-To-Market strategies in the crisis times?
- How do transatlantic cities support international businesses with their expansion?
- What are the best practice cases from international cities?
During the networking time you will get a chance to connect with German tech companies planning an expansion across the pond already and searching for cooperation possibilities, representatives, investors and more.
5:00 p.m. – 5:05 p.m. Welcome words by SIBB e.V.
5:05 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Virtual panel discussion with experts
6:00 p.m. – 6:10 p.m Q&A
6:10 p.m. – 6:20 p.m. Short pitches of innvovative Urban Tech Solutions (Made in Germany & Poland) TBA
6:20 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Networking hosted by Remo Virtual Lounge (the digital platform used for this online event)
- Robert Mazer, Founder, Smart City Works (Fairfax County, Washington D.C.)
- Justin Robinson, Senior Vice President, Detroit Regional Partnership
- Debra Lam, Managing Director, Smart Cities and Inclusive Innovation at Georgia Tech
- Jonathan Lane, Assistant Vice President | Urban Technology and Innovation, New York City Economic Development Corporation
- Arzu Tekir, CEO & Founder, Urbanite Venture (Florida)
Moderator: Matthew de Caussin, Former Sales Director and Business Development Executive at Techstars
For further information and registration: Berlin meets USA